-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My 2004 Ram 1500 parking lights will not go out when the car

Customer Question

my 2004 Ram 1500 parking lights will not go out when the car is shut off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i just typed what's wrong
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i'd like to
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. Can I get your VIN number?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i don't have it with me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it's a 2003
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ram 1500
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
????
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are you there?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
Since you don't have the VIN then I just got a generic wiring for a 2003 DR which I attached.. You will need to remove the parking light relay and if they shut off then I would replace the FCM which is the Front Control Module which is screwed to the side of the fuse box under the hood... The FCM controls all the exterior lighting and is a commonly replaced part for lighting issues.. Just plug and play no programming needed.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad