Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

My Dodge says 5 mph max speed in 114 miles service DEF system

Customer Question

My Dodge says 5 mph max speed in 114 miles service DEF system see dealer
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just need to be able to drive it about 150 miles to get the problem fixed. I need to know if there's a way around it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm going to get the deletes done on it.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: I just had the EGR system cleaned 10000 miles ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is***** there any Dodge/Ram dealers within 100 miles from where you are?
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
How much DEF do you have in the tank?
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Well, I am not sure where you went, but If your DEF tank is low, then add at least 2.5 to 3.0 gallons of DEF. If you cannot do that, then go ahead and keep driving it. Just don't turn it off after you pass the 114 mile mark. It will then be limited to 5 mph. If you don't shut it off, then you can keep driving at a normal speed until you get where you are going. I hope this helps, and let me know if you were able to see what I sent. Chris