Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus that blows hot air all the time

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus that blows hot air all the time I think it is the blend door but I don't know where it is at
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have tried to reset the system by holding the rear window defogger switch and pulled the M1 fuse but still hot air out of all vents
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have reset the system by holding down the rear window defrost button and pulled the M1 fuse to reset the codes but still hot air when air cond is on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: where is the blend door actuator
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. Can I get your VIN number?