Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Pearl.JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

Hi Pearl.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2002 Durango, stopped running, will crank but not turn over. Has half tank of gas. Fuel gage is showing empty, dome lights not coming on when the door is opened, security bell chimes funny. I had the car inspected yesterday and happened when the mechanic brought it back to the lot and shut it off. I did the security disconnect by locking the doors and unlocking with key, Worked once and got me home. 2 hours later, car won't start. tried disconnecting both pos and neg cables, the security disconnect thing. Nothing is working.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Of course, if it's possible.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything I wrote in the previous message.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: 185,000/ miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses? Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't know who pearl is. I don't see my original message. Thank you for your time
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay! Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses? Can I start by getting your VIN?