rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

My a/c isn't working. Not blowing air at all on any setting,

Customer Question

My a/c isn't working. Not blowing air at all on any setting, defroster or anything. Trying to figure it out. Have tried disconnecting the battery to "reset" but still not blowing.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus. The a/c was working fine the last time I used it (not sure when that was but in the last few days). Yesterday, being a warm day, I went to turn in on when I got in and there was nothing blowing. Made sure I was on air not defrost. The light on the a/c button flashes twice but does not come on.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Would be nice if we could fix it ourselves.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No, this is the first problem I've had with it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.If nothing is working, then the blower motor may have failed or blew a fuse. Check that first, then also check all other positions and vent operations to see if the control head may have failed.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have checked the fuses and nothing is blown. Tried disconnecting the battery and resetting the system and that didn't work either.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Okay great, then that would mean that the blower motor or control head is defective. It would be best to have this diagnosed if you have done all you can do.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Guess I'm making a trip to the dealer.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Or a qualified shop, I'm sorry it wasn't something easier.Thanks again,Ron