Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Passenger window goes down but not up and then only from

Customer Question

passenger window goes down but not up and then only from passenger control
2007 Dakota
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.You need to remove the Door Panel & Test the "2" wires at the Window MotorThis is a Reversal Rest At Ground CircuitMeaning when you press the Down Button there is Voltage + & Ground - on the 2 wiresWhen you press the Up Button the Voltage + & Ground - reverses wiresUse of a VOM is needed to testThe way it works:Ignition OnSwitch held in Up positionOne wire will have 12 Volts +One wire will have Ground - Switch held in Down positionThe wire that had 12 Volts + is now Ground -The wire that was Ground - is now 12 Volts + If Voltage or Ground checks good at motor, replace motor.If Voltage or Ground does not check good:Check Switch Voltage & Ground.Check for broken wires at Door / Kick Panel Boot.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service...............................
did you need more info?please rate my answer or respondthanks
was there a problem with my answer?IF you need more help, please respondWe work on the Honor System & trust that you will Rate our answersthanks