Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified

When I'm driving about 50 mph my 2oo2 dodge 1500 5.94x4 starts

Customer Question

When I'm driving about 50 mph my 2oo2 dodge 1500 5.94x4 starts to vibrate then I will let off the gas pedal and it stops but if I give it more gas it stops what is going on with my truck
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible they told me it was the u joints but I pulled out the front shaft and it still does it
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I pulled the front shaft completely out to check if it was the front shaft then greased both u joints for the rear shaft and still no change
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. Everything you describe still leads me to believe it is a failed u-joint. It DEFINITELY is not the front drive shaft. I suspect that the rear most u-joint is the one that is bad. To fix the problem the faulty u-joint(s) must be replaced. Greasing a failed u-joint will do nothing to change the concern. The best way to check the u joints is to remove the rear drive shaft and check all u joints for looseness and/or binding. Either condition will cause vibrations. While you are there, check for physical damage to the shaft itself, a bent or damaged shaft can also cause intermittent vibrations... Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert ______________________________________Please remember, this is a PAY Site...The Deposit you have posted with JustAnswer DOES NOT credit me until you leave a "POSITIVE" rating... Please Remember, my answer is based on the information you posted here, so feel free to add any additional information you feel may be helpful...When I have answered your question to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate my service to complete the transaction...Bonuses are ALWAYS Appreciated!... Need more help? Just ask... you can follow up on this question even after you leave a Rating! If you are not satisfied with my answer, let me know by clicking the "Reply to Expert" Button.