rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.2 codes p0442 and p0441 what is

Customer Question

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.2 codes p0442 and p0441 what is the most common cause
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.After I smoke the system, I usually find bad gas caps and bad purge valves, but it's not uncommon to see splits in the lines too.Thanks, Ron