Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Dodge: stops lights will not turn off 2012 dodge durango

Customer Question

stops lights will not turn off 2012 dodge durango
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we have checked the brake switch on the pedal we donot think its that,so my vin is1c4rdhdg3cc320661
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
and another thing i forget to tell you is they do not stick all the time,they work just fine most of the time
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
If you disconnect the connector going to the stop lamp switch and the brake lights remain illunminated, I suspect the problem is going to be a bad TIPM located under the hood. This is the integrated power distribution module that houses all of the fuses. These go bad all of the time. You might want to try and disconnect the battery cables from the battery and hold them together for 5 minutes to discharge the capacitors inside the module and see if that does the trick. If not, the TIPM is bad and will need to be replaced.