How do you replace the positive battery cable on a 03 grand

Customer Question

How do you replace the positive battery cable on a 03 grand caravan, 3.8 l
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My positive battery cable is corroded bad, i need to change it. I'm not sure how to do it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, if i can. The positive cable is two red cables.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I cut the end of the cable off. I was going to try a splice kit, but the one i got doesn't have a big enough hole to fit two wires into it.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: My main problem was my van would shut down if i tried to go to far, and it would have to set awhile before i could start it again. I took it to a mechanic. He thought it was the ignition coil. It wasn't. He told me it was probly the crank sensor. That wasn't it either. Now they say it is the computer. I am on ssi, so i don't have alot of money. I have spent $350 on it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I told you about what my van was doing. When i had it towed. He left the ignition on and my headlights were flashing on and off and my wipers wer going real slow. Without being on.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
And before I had it towed, i tried to start it, it would just click and the gauges would go all the way up then drop back down.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** replace this cable, first disconnect both battery terminals, then at the starter, remove the large wire, and at the alternator, remove the large wire, then snake the cable out, thre will be 2 spots on the cable that secure it to the fender well, remove these 2 nuts and the cable will come out,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim