-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I have no vacuum at the axel shift motor on my 1999 Dodge Ram

Customer Question

I have no vacuum at the axel shift motor on my 1999 Dodge Ram 3500 gas***** What should I look for?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: A friend checked the vacuum at the axel shift motor .He says there is no vacuum there. It dose not matter whether I'm in low or standard 4 wheel I have nothing.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Don't know.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. Vacuum for the front axle comes from the 4WD actuator on the transfercase.. It has 4 vacuum lines going to it so you will need to pull it off and see if it has vacuum, if no then follow the line to the intake to see where the issue is. If it does have vacuum when you disconnect it then it's likely a bad switch, just unscrew it and install a new one and you should be in good shape.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad