-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

5.9 cummins: 2002 5.9 dodge cummins starts and runs but no

Customer Question

2002 5.9 dodge cummins starts and runs but no power in gear acts like there is no response to acelarator. if I rev it out of gear it will eventually run ok while driving if I stay above 1500 rpm it seems normal drop below that it will dog down no response to pedal unless I floor it then it will jump to life
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. It sounds like you have an issue with your APPS sensor, which is the TPS for a Cummins.. To test it you will need a scantool to monitor the % throttle when slowly pressing and if it jumps then it's bad and will need to be replaced.. If you order a new one it's called the bellcrank from your local Dodge dealership.. Also if it has any codes I would post themhere so I can get the diagnostics for you to do some testing to verify it's bad... If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad