Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Pearl. I own a 2009 Dodge 1500 Laramie, 5.7 hemi. Intermittent

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I own a 2009 Dodge 1500 Laramie, 5.7 hemi. Intermittent start,and stalling. Have to turn fob several times before it cranks and starts. Once started, it will stall out without notice. It also got stuck in 4th gear. It would not upshift or downshift. About 55,000 miles. Very frustrating
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I am a certified tech.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turn off and on to try to reboot. Sometimes it works. Also always starts with remote.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: yes, please give me the name of a good Ford dealer. This has been a huge headache since day one.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 7 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. The number one cause for this concern for the symptoms that you describe is a failing Ignition Switch Module. Dodge calls this a WIN Module (Wireless Ignition Node) or WCM (Wireless Control Module). The fix for this problem is to replace the WIN Module. Unfortunately this must be done at the dealer as they need to marry it to the vehicle and key fobiks will need to be reprogrammed to the vehicle so be sure to take all fobs with you when you take it for the repair..If you have additional questions on this, don't hesitate to ask... ____________________________________________If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please kindly "Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question! Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 7 months ago.
Hello, This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved. If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark "http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-Robertr/?r=SprinterRob&bt=0" My Profile Page "" (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it. If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue. If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so... If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently. My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future. Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer! Robert