Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

2002 ram 1500 4.7 ltr. wont start. i replaced cam and crank

Customer Question

2002 ram 1500 4.7 ltr. wont start. i replaced cam and crank sensors. it is getting spark and fuel also. Any suggestions?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the truck started running bad and would kill at low rpms. nursed it home change tha cam shaft and crank sensors and it still wont start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed the cam and crank sensors
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Does the engine run on starting fluid? Have you checked fuel pressure? You might just have a bad fuel pump..