Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Ac condenser fan wont come on. cool driving down the road but

Customer Question

ac condenser fan wont come on. cool driving down the road but when you stop it starts blowing hot air.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with AC issues. It could be something as simple as a blown fuse, or something slightly more complicated like a condenser. Any weird smells or rattling noises?
Customer: no
JA: Ok. WeÂ’ll get you to one of the go-to AC guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: fine
JA: Noted. IÂ’ll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ac condenser fan wont come on. cool driving down the road but when you stop it starts blowing hot air.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if at all possible
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: not realy
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  roy replied 9 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist year, model and engine??? what have you tried so far??? Roy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
'05, SLT, 5.7 Hemi, thought about jump wiring condensor fan to battery to check fan, didn't yet.
Expert:  roy replied 9 months ago.
ok, thanks, ***** ***** get a wire diagram Roy
Expert:  roy replied 9 months ago.
SLT??? car or truck
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
truck
Expert:  roy replied 9 months ago.
ok, I attached a wire diagram for you to view. test the fuse that controls the relay with a voltmeter for power on both sides. check for power at the relay as well with the key on. Roy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will, got the baby now.
Expert:  roy replied 9 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Roy, I'll go check.
Expert:  roy replied 9 months ago.
ok