EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Dodge Technician
Experience:  17 years experience
34559540

If I got a P0301 code light on my 2005 Dodge Neon, how do I

Customer Question

if I got a P0301 code light on my 2005 Dodge Neon, how do I reset the code light to see if it comes back again?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My wife's check engine light came on last night and I knew how to get the code, which was P0301. Cylinder Misfire. I would like to reset the check engine to see if it comes back. If it does, I am going to change the plugs and wires first. Simplest thing to do.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: P0301
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Dodge Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can. like I said, I am going to try plugs and wires first if the code comes on again. I just want to reset the check engine light first to see if it does come back.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 10 months ago.
Hi. I agree replacing the plugs and wires if the the code comes back is a great place to start.
The best way to clear the code is to use a scanner and delete the code and turn the light off. Auto part stores will do that for free. But if you want to do it yourself, you will have to disconnect the battery cables and then touch them together to drain all the computers memory capacitors. Then rehook the cables and the code should be gone.
Thanks for viewing my response to you on 4/21/2016 at 11:31:33 AM 3 day(s) ago. Have you cleared your code? Have you done anything on this vehicle yet? Please rate the service I am providing to you, and let me know if you have any more questions on this.
Thanks for viewing my response to you on ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at ‎11‎:‎30‎:‎55‎ ‎AM 9 hr(s) 55 minute(s) ago. Have you cleared your code? Have you done anything on this vehicle yet? Please rate the service I am providing to you, and let me know if you have any more questions on this.