Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Ram 2500: I found several holes near the bottom of my intercooler

Customer Question

I found several holes near the bottom of my intercooler due to it leaking oil through there, the truck didnt seem to be running abnormal but there was a lot of oil in my intercooler and in and out pipes, is there a problem with my turbo, CCV, or was oil being drawn into intercooler due to holes
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Usually this indicates a fault with the turbo itself leaking.I have seen the internal seals leak causing oil to be drawn in through the cooler with this issue here.The cooler will develop some oil over time and is normal but if this was allot of oil I suspect the turbo is leaking needing repaired or replaced.You will need to have this checked/tested further to verify that this is the cause here and then either repaired or replaced from there.The cooler will also either need removed and repaired and cleaned out or replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately I am unable to place a call at this time here.Would you like to continue here and did you get my message above?