Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2006 Dodge Sprinter A/C issue. intermittantly the a/c stops

Customer Question

2006 Dodge Sprinter A/C issue.
intermittantly the a/c stops working the a/c system when it does work works perfectly to spec comp on at 54deg cycles off at 34deg high speed aux fan works. new components, comp. recv. dryer. expansion vavle and new ports. replaced after low side pressure was high 80ish and high side was low 50ish. so after this repair customer drove off and 2 days later the problem of the system shuting down after a drive started the system will work again after another shut down or three. but is inconsistant. did recieve a code under aircon 1006-07. i have changed out the control panel with another from a second vehicle.
anyhelp please
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** will be glad to try to help. That code is from a loss of power from either the main switch or a possible poor connection in the harness or connector pins. Try a wiggle test on the harness to see if you can manipulate the problem to happen isolating a poor connection. If okay verify power from the main switch, fuses and relays when the problem is present. Let me know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
okay will try that when I get the vehicle back in Friday morning, is there a specific place on the harness that is problematic? I know some other vehicles have specific problems where wires wear or break down.
Not that I am aware of. Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Morning Daniel, so I shook the wiring up and no cut off so I put a set of gauges on it and have been observing the system all morning and when it was cool out this morning the system operated perfectly as the temp has increased both ambient and the motor the system has gone into a quick cycling high side moving from 200ish to 300ish in 13 to 15 seconds when I add a external fan the high pressure rises much slower and will hold at about 250 allowing the compressor to run longer ending with cooler temps at the vents but still cycling.
so I have experienced the Fan Clutches on these as normally what I would consider week and this one would qualify, l'd likeyour thoughts on this and if you have had much call to replace for this reason. the problem is more prevailing in high temps ambient that is.
Thanks Ken
Hi Ken, I would follow your instinct on that one. If the clutch is not within specs it should be changed.