Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Grand caravan: I have a 2006 grand caravan I was not getting

Customer Question

I have a 2006 grand caravan I was not getting spark for cylindrs 3 and 6 so i replaced ignition coil found a crack on coil housing and tested bad now i still have no spark out of that coil still running on 4 cylinders. what do i look at next (test plug ) to confirm no pulse signal
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** 3 and six are not firing, and the coil is new, then it is either a bad wire between the computer and the coil or a bad driver in the computer, each of the three coils are fired at different times, power is supplied to the coil from the ASD relay, then the computer grounds each wire to fire 2 cylinders, and obviously it is not firing 3 and 6, do you have a test light , I can help you verify this?