Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I am replacing my cloth seats from a 2007 charger rt with a

Customer Question

I am replacing my cloth seats from a 2007 charger rt with a set from a Chrysler 300 (leather) and the connector at bottom of seat is yellow with rounded edges while the charger is gray and square
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That is about it..now airbag light is on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
Hello , any yellow connector you find is yellow because it is for the airbag system, are you changing the entire seat(s)?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes replacing the entire seats front and rear...the rear went in fine and.the seats bolted in.perfectly but the original cloth only had a gray connector that a wire went in.each side. On the chrysler seats they have the different yellow connector in.the same.place as the charger seats had. i havent even looked at the drivers side yet
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
ok so the car in question is a 2007 charger?? that is the car that you are putting the seats into?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes putting them.into a 2007 dodge charger rt it was an ex police car and the seats i bought from a salvage yard are.out of.a chrysler 300c and listed to fit 05 to 10 cars
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
OK thanks ill check a wiring diagram see what you may need to wire in.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
ok i am having issues pulling up diagrams i will release your question so another expert can assist, my apologies.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks i appreciate it
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
No problem, please do not respond as it will lock you back to me, and sorry i could not help on this one.
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 7 months ago.
Hello i am Reggie, typically yellow indicates the connector is part of the air bag system, its interesting you say the other one is gray, So the seat only has one connector, can you see where the wires are going to what area of the seat? I am going to review the wiring please hold
Okay i have looked at the wiring for both models, with everything from heated seats to power seats and all the sir wiring, there is alot of wiring, Were both seats the same as far as power? And if you will tell the the wire colors at these connectors. The wiring diagram i have is for systems and i cannot see the two pin connector, but if you give me wire colors i will look and see how to make this functional for you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
let me wait till later from.my desk
Okay