Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

My 1996 dodge crank no start have volts to coils but not to

Customer Question

My 1996 dodge crank no start have volts to coils but not to plugs have fuel to rail check relays all are well still no start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes change crank and cam senor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes it is a 8.0 v 10
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.Most probably, the crank sensor has failed. Locate it on the right-lower side of the cylinder block, forward of the right engine mount, just above the oil pan rail. To test it, place an ohmmeter across terminals B and C (see attached graphic). Ohmmeter should be set to 1K-to-1OK scale for this test. The meter reading should be open (infinite resistance). Replace sensor if a low resistance is indicated.Please let me know if that solves the issue.Best Regards.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did he read what I said I've change the crank and. Cam senor no he didn't answer my question please I need some help
Sorry about that. I'll opt out so others can help. Please don't reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle the question back to me.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. So you have power to the ignition coil but there is no spark leaving the coil? Have you checked for a ground signal trigger to the ignition coil? Maybe you just have a bad ignition coil..