Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Have a Dodge diesel, 2001, quad cab. It's had issues for

Customer Question

Hi, have a Dodge diesel, 2001, quad cab. It's had issues for a few years, think it's the lift pump? Failed but runs. Haven't had the money to fix since divorce, but now engine light is coming on, not sure what to do.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Truck takes a while to warm up, won't have power until warm, but you can put in neutral, restart while driving and will reset sensor until warm. It just started racing and will die. Now engine light is on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 7 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. At this time, since the check engine light is on, I recommend to have it scanned. If you find that you now have code P0216 you will likely need to replace the Lift Pump as well as the Injection Pump. You stated that you have been driving it for 2 years with a failed lift pump. When you do this, it causes the injection pump to overheat and tear itself up due to lack of lubrication due to the failed lift pump. Have it scanned and post back any codes retrieved and we can go from there if necessary. Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert ______________________________________Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf... Please keep in mind, If you are not happy with your answer and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer. Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for your answer is GREATLY appreciated and is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...