-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Dropping valve body on 2001 dodge cummins 47re transmission.

Customer Question

dropping valve body on 2001 dodge cummins 47re transmission. the only thing holding me up is the gear shift lever.Loosened 7/16s bolt the bottom part is loose, but the upper lever wont budge. is there another bolt to loosen.Im stumped...Bruce
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... Did you remove the E clip from the parking pawl rod?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Ok once you remove it you can push it up and out of the rooster comb and the valvebody will drop.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gearshift lever im trying to remove on outside of transmission not inside.You cant remove valve body without taking gearshift lever off.Bruce
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brad Gearshift lever on outside of transmission .over where the intermediate band adjuster is located. I need to get that off 7/16 bolt is loose, is there a second bolt?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Yes the shifter bracket will need to be removed by loosening the 7/16 jam bolt and then slide it off.. If the bolt is loose then wiggle it side to side and it will slide off.. It will only go on 1 way, it has 1 flat side..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried that not coming off. someone says theres a second 10mm bolt dont see that though...
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
In the middle of the shifter bracket there maybe a kickdown bracket that has a spring on it.. You will need to also remove it and the shifter bracket to drop the valvebody..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that...
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
When you get the shifter bracket off don't forget the E clip on the parking rod, then it will come out.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad