-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2005 Chrysler T&C I just bought with 160k miles.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chrysler T&C I just bought with 160k miles. The van all of a sudden has no reverse, the forward gears seem fine. Is there a list of diagnostic steps I can follow to see if I have a problem I can fix myself or determine it is something major that should be taken to a shop. No trans codes are showing.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... If it will not move at all in reverse but it shifts fine in all the other gears then your reverse clutches are likely burnt. Your 41TE transmission uses Low/Reverse holding clutches and the reverse clutch pack to engage reverse... If you had a scantool you could monitor the CVI which is the clutch volume index to see if it was out of spec but to be honest it's most likely the transmission will need to come out and tore down to inspect the clutches for damage.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad