Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Chrysler Sebring Jxi Convertible: I have a 1996 Sebring jxi

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Sebring jxi runs great until it gets to operating temperature. Then starts to miss and check engine light comes on. Code was crank sensor. Replaced it also distributor is new. Still does same thing. If I let it cool down then runs great until gets to operating temperature range. Help!!!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.Before we begin, please understand that all I can do from where I am is offer you my technical knowledge and guidance; it is you, using the right tools, the only one who can diagnose and ultimately fix your vehicle.A code will come up when a circuit signal is out of the expected parameter - it doesn't necessarily mean a component is bad and needs to be replaced. Also, a crank sensor circuit cannot make the check engine light blink.Could you re-scan the PCM and record any current and pending codes so you can share those with me? Please share freeze-frame data as well.