Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Charger RT: I have a 2006 Charger, and it will only start after

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Charger, and it will only start after I let it sit for about 4-8 hours. Sometimes it starts immediately after turning it off, but wait five minutes, and it won't crank or even attempt to start. Battery is fine. Check engine light isn't on, but my OBD2 reader does show U100, U700, u103. There are some other details I can share, but I'll start with that. Thank you!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the starter is not engaging to turn over the engine when this occurs here this can be a fault with the starter motor itself.I have seen some of these fail before needing replaced causing this issue here.One other thing that can also cause the no start as well as U codes in some cases is a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail in the past before needing replaced.I would have both of these checked/tested to see if either are an issue here needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete