Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs

My name is ***** *****, I was just reading a post on

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** *****, I was just reading a post on trans trouble with a 2002 intrepid we seem to be having the same trouble with the trans not upshifting. When it acts up we just turn the car off then start again and it is fine for a while. The codes we got are as follows p0700, b090b,c086b and p1843. Could this also be a sell lid problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Than
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could this be a selanoid problem?
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The fault codes you have listed with the exception of the fault code P0700 are not coming up as valid fault codes. The code P0700 indicates the TCM (transmission control module) is setting a fault code and or codes. Can you recheck the codes and verify which ones your actually getting.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello the codes don't stay in the system for long as soon as the check engine light goes out the codes dissapear. When the trans acts up we take it to the garage but by the time we get there the codes are gone. We will keep trying to get the codes .
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
The most common cause for this type of problem is usually the shift pack but before you consider replacing anything it would be very helpful if you could get me the fault codes.