Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

2005 dodge 3500 sw diesel 4x4 code p1756 is coming on truck

Customer Question

2005 dodge 3500 sw diesel 4x4 code p1756 is coming on truck will only start in first gear if you lift on throttle it will shift to second but that's it. Can you tell me how to fix the problem this is second Tracy has 121000 miles and it has had agave body shift kit.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 months ago.
Hi there.Before we begin, please understand that all I can do from where I am is offer you my technical knowledge and guidance; it is you, using the right tools, the only one who can diagnose and ultimately fix your vehicle.This code sets when the PCM sees a discrepancy in the data from the Governor Pressure Sensor and the pressure it requested. I couldn't say whether this issue is related to an aftermarket shift kit, but that possibility does exist. Other possible causes are bad connections and wiring, loss of 5 volt reference signal, etc.The first thing I'd recommend doing is to perform a thorough cleaning and inspection of the transmission harness connector and its counterpart on the valve body. If anything looks suspicious, pull out your Ohmmeter and check that there is no resistance on any of those connections.If that doesn't reveal the cause of the issue, then you'll need to bring out the pressure gauges and the scan tool to see what's going on. Just let me know if you need assistance with that part as well.Best Regards.