Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

2001 4.3 Dakota runs fine when cold as soon as it gets to operating

Customer Question

2001 4.3 Dakota runs fine when cold as soon as it gets to operating temp it shuts off at idle or low speeds also not giving me trouble codes but is saying no bus
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.Before we begin, please understand that all I can do from where I am is offer you my technical knowledge and guidance; it is you, using the right tools, the only one who can diagnose and ultimately fix your vehicle.NO BUS message means one of the modules in the truck's internal network has gone down; depending on the module, the engine may or may not run, or the HVAC may not work, or the instrument cluster won't work, etc.The engine needs fuel pressure, injection pulse and spark to run. Which one of those is missing after it shuts down and won't re-start?