Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

When I let off the throttle. It gets a shimmy. Almost like

Customer Question

When I let off the throttle. It gets a shimmy. Almost like a miss. As long as I have my foot in the throttle its not bad. I don't think its a miss because it idle's fine.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I first thought fuel. I changed the fuel filter and it was better for about a day and then it started back.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If its that simple. If not I will take it to someone who is qualified. Just trying to figure out what I'm looking at. The check engine light is not on.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: The light is not on.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Dodge Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
Hello can you tell me what model and engine size & fuel type this is please?Also how many miles are on it andd when was it last serviced?