Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics
18617752

My blower a/c and heater quit working.

Customer Question

My name is Ernie. My blower for the a/c and heater quit working. I used to be able to hit behind the glove box and it would work. Now that doesn't work. Was wondering where it was located
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What details do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hi Ernie! I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...May I have the year and model of your Dodge?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1999 dodge Durango SLT 4X4
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
318
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 7 months ago.
Great, thanks!Ok. From what you are describing, it does sound like either the blower motor bearings have seized or there is a poor connection at the blower motor. Unfortunately, on this vehicle, the blower motor is inside the HVAC housing. Which means to gain access, the heater housing will need to be removed from the vehicle. This will require that the dashboard be removed from the vehicle first. The Labor Time Guide calls for 4.6 hours to replace the blower motor. For an image location view, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/psmn2tneiju9tl1/dur-blow.jpg?dl=0If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. Customer ratings help other customers find the better (or worse) Experts! You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 7 months ago.
..