Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Dodge Durango SVC 4WD JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more

Customer Question

Dodge Durango SVC 4WD
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The SVC 4WD came on the other day and then went off, not a big deal. Then yesterday it came on and stayed on for about 3 min and then tried to shift into 4WD LO at 15 mph?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 Dodge Durango Limited "SVC 4WD" light randomly going on for awhile and then off. One time the vehicle tired to shift into 4WD LO, on its own at about 15 mph.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.You need to first have the Vehicle Scanned for "Trouble Codes" & see if there is ay Transmission Codes or SVC / 4 Wheel CodesMany Transmission Shops or Dealer can do thisThis can be related to the Shift Motor, SVC Module or a bad connectionYou need to Scan prior to any Repair or Parts to help PinPoint.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I temporally disconnect the Shift Motor, it's an AWD Durango?
not really.........I would disconnect the Plug at the Shift Motor or the Sensor, located at the Shift Motor & see if that helpsThis will make the Light stay on
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.
is there a problem with my answer?did you need more info?