Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Dodge journey: I have a dodge journey 2010 and I cannot get

Customer Question

I have a dodge journey 2010 and I cannot get it out of park.
the brakes are really spongy and I can put the pedal to the floor while it is running. but I cannot take it out of Park. if leave it running for a while I can get it out of park (about 3-5 minutes). When that vehicle if off the brakes feel firm as they should. aslo the ESP light comes on.
I have not done any brake work on it and the master cylinder looks clean and has no leaks and the level is right where it should be. Pumping the brakes does not seem to work.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... When did this issue start? When you do finally get it out of park does the brakes feel ok? SInce the ESP light is on what codes are in the ABS module? Talk soon,Brad
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Issue started last week has been driven Driven 2 since pedal feels good when driving though the pedal seems to rebound slowly will not shift out of park if shifted in to park after driving unless car is turned on and off abs codes are c1000 and c107c brake lights are functioning normally
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Win was replaced under recall about 2 weeks ago most likely unrelated
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there?