Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics

I got a 2008 avenger with 4 wheel disk brakes and the rears

Customer Question

I got a 2008 avenger with 4 wheel disk brakes and the rears look like they also have a drum under the rotor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm trying to change the rear rotors
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: the usual smack with a hammer to looses the rotor but like I said it looks like there is a drum brake inside the hat part of the rotor
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
Behind the rotor, inside the "drum" part is the parking brake shoes. If the rotor will not pop off, adjust the parking brake shoes away from the rotor. After rotor replacement, remember to re-adjust the parking brake shoes back. I've wrapped up a small procedure into a PDF file. Download the PDF file here: my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. Customer ratings help other customers find the better (or worse) Experts! You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.