Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Ram 2500: I just put an aftermarket stereo in my 03 ram 2500

Customer Question

I just put an aftermarket stereo in my 03 ram 2500 but did have any wires left to attach to my diagnostic junction port wire so I just taped it off and now my none of the gauges work in my cluster and all the warning lights are on and the on board navigation doesn't work my the message board reads no bus my question how do I bus this wire to get all this stuff working again with out putting the factory stereo back in
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hi David,The original stereo would be on what would be classed as a low speed CAN BUS or Lin Bus.Now every other module on that bus is not communicating with the head unit of each other.Would be best to refit the factory head unit, and take the vehicle to a professional who has done an installation like this.Does the vehicle's engine even start?Hope this helps.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hi David,I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Please rate my service at your nearest convenience.Kind regards Gary