Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Bowers JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** ***** bowers
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: got a 99 dodge Durango 318 motor replaced water pump and brakes after brake job went to add oil tried to start it seritury light comes on light and sound from under dash on passenger side nothing in engine compartment
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I paid the 18
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name iCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Your saying that the engine does not start? Does it crank over and not start or does it not crank over at all? Have you checked for codes in the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does not crank over click noise and a light flushes under dash on passenger side sercrtie light comes on
sorry about my spelling
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can jump start it off of another car tho, battery tested and alternator tested both good
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
So the engine will start with a jump start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already paid $18 dollars for the answer no one has give me one and you want more money
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to help you right now. You can request a phone call and I can call you now. If not, I will type a reply on this page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
type please
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if the engine starts with a jump, that means it is either a bad battery, battery low on a charge or a bad connection at or after the battery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
battery tested and fully charged where should I look for bad connection from there
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
We will have to do some testing. What is the battery voltage at with the key in the CRANK position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
between 8 and the white bar, half way up the bar reads 14
and I have had - cable off put it on I started with out a job this time
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
It should rear 12 volts. If so, then check the MAIN or maxi fuse in the PDC for power with the key in the CRANK position. This fuse should also have battery voltage on it with the key in the CRANK position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it started after having - battery unhooked think I have a live draw or a dead short
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks anyway
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
A dead short will cause a fuse to blow. It sounds to me like it is a battery issue or a bad connection at or after the battery.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
If your sure the battery is good and has a full charge, then I would suspect a cable/connection issue right at the battery since it starts up with a jump.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.