Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is ***** ***** I'm some what mechanically inclined

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** I'm some what mechanically inclined I do all my own work to my vehicles I have an 03 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.9 and my trans in take off gear is slipping all the rest of gears can't shift no better it's just that first one is pain in but is my trans the one you can adjust the screw internally
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Is it 1st gear that is slipping or the 1-2 shift?Slipping means the rpms rise high and fast but speed does not increase equally, is that what is occurring?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes just when I put in gear and go to take off positively 1st
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I know some of dodge trans have an adjustment in the bottom after take pan off I was wondering if this one does
Since it is slipping like I mentioned then damage has been done internally to the clutches. That damage can not be reverted by adjustments or additives. To address this the trans would need to be removed and rebuilt. Slipping means the piston pressure seals are leaking, the clutch plates are getting thin from slippage and the surface is burning making the stack up clearance is now excessive. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris