Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years Dodge/Chrysler exp., ASE Master with L1 certification. Driveability/ combustion specialist

2001 durange I gave to my boys alarm is going off I only have

Customer Question

2001 durange I gave to my boys alarm is going off I only have a key not auto key
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: removed and fully charged Batt read maual on disarm
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have tried chargimng bat, reading disable alarm section of manual, unlocking door, searching for a toggle, etc cant find electronic door opener and just have spare key.....finally cut one of the wires oin alarm so I can keep batt connected
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to JustAnswer!. This is Ed. Is it a factory alarm that's giving you trouble?Or an aftermarket type system?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is also an automatic starter on it but weve lost the remote
Thanks.Without the remote fob, your other option to disable the alarm is by unlocking the truck from any door with a lock cylinder. The 2001 Durango will have disarm switches at both front doors and the liftgate, so try all of them. Disarm switches do fail over time, but chances are better that a working switch will still be present on locations that get used less, like the passenger door or liftgate. You may have to try 'em all. If none of those locations work, you'll have few options left other than to have a new remote keyless fob programmed to the Durango or to have a disarm switch replaced. Alarms are ultimately designed to be difficult to defeat, so a call to a locksmith might be needed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
another web page suggested unlocking from other doors and rear ...havent tried yetalso another page suggested diconnecting CTM (havent located yet) for 3 mins
Disconnecting the CTM won't make it forget that the alarm's been triggered, but by all means try all the doors if needed.