Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My names ***** *****.and i cant get the rotors off of my 2010

Customer Question

My names ***** *****.and i cant get the rotors off of my 2010 grand caravan
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ive got the the caliper bracket off and i cant figure out what im doing wrong to take rotors off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Once the caliper is off, the rotor should just slide off, but many times due to some corrosion build up between the back of the rotor and the hub face, they dont and feel like they are welded on. To remove them, spray the face of the rotor around the lug studs going thru them and around the center with some PB Blast or WD40. Let soak for a few minutes, and then use a rubber mallet or dead blow hammer to hit the face of rotor hard between the lug studs. This should pop it free. It it doesnt, then place a block of wood on backside of the rotor and smack with a 3-4lb hammer. That pops it free everytime. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,You can also use a large 3 jaw puller as shown in attachment to remove stubborn rotors Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.