-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Hey my names ***** *****. Had a few things bugged on my dodge

Customer Question

Hey my names ***** *****. Had a few things bugged on my dodge 2010 1500. My headlight work/don't work at random. Checked ballasts / direct connect to battery they work so not getting signal from truck. Also my backup camera lit on fire on me once/ replaced it but still won't work. And recently my truck decided a to not get any power when I turn the key have to turn off take out the key try again and it works. Are all these things associated with the TIPM?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My headlight work/don't work at random. Checked ballasts / direct connect to battery they work so not getting signal from truck. Also my backup camera lit on fire on me once/ replaced it but still won't work. And recently my truck decided a to not get any power when I turn the key have to turn off take out the key try again and it works. Are all these things associated with the TIPM
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... Yes I can almost guarantee your TIPM is fried.. The TIPM is the totally Integrated Power Module that is also the fuse box under the hood.. It powers up your headlights as well as the backup camera.. To be sure you would need a scantool to see what codes it has but it's most likely going to need replacing.. When you do you can't use a salvage TIPM because it's programmed to the VIN and stores all of the vehicle options so make sure you get a new TIPM and don't forget it will need to be reconfigured with a scantool before it will work properly.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad