-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Dodge Ram 1500: I have a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with Hemi V-8 Big Horn. I am starting to hear ticking noise coming from the engine at start up. I seems to go away or get quitter as the engine runs. I only notice it when the window is open on my truck. About a 1.5 years ago I had the same noise with a fail code and the dealer told me it was a rocker arm and the replaced it on only one cylinder. could this be happening again? I seen on the net that there is a recall on 2012 with the Hemi, saying the bolts break on the head and it warps the head, is this the same for my truck?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... Have you checked the back 2 exhaust bolts to see if you can move the heat shield? We see a lot of them break and we have to replace the bolts with new revised ones so it doesn't happen again.. Check both sides and if you find that you can move the heat shield then the bolts are broke and it will need to be repaired.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad