Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified

Sprinter Van: I have an Airstream Interstate van built on a

Customer Question

I have an Airstream Interstate van built on a 2005 Sprinter chassis. The sliding door on the side stuck today....and it appears that the electric lock won't disengage; I tried the rocker switch on the dash, and tried go....what gives?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. I've seen issues with the sliding door lock assembly on 05 Sprinters. The lock actuator lever tends to bend causing the inability to unlock the sliding door. To fix this problem, the sliding door lock will need to be replaced. I also highly recommend to replace the sliding door latch assembly. The Lock assembly is in the front section of the sliding door behind the door handles, the latch is at the rear and engages the striker when the door closes. Replacement and properly lubricating these 2 parts should get your sliding door back in proper operation.Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved. If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >"" My Profile Page[/URL](Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue. If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so... If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.