Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Power accessories work but engine wont even turn over when

Customer Question

power accessories work but engine wont even turn over when key is turned to run . battery is fully charged . fuses okay . car has been parked for 5 months . car is 2008 dodge caliber with 280000 kilometers .
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: engine refuses to even try and turn over , also does not sound like fuel pump is coming on .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Have you checked for power down at the starter?
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Have you checked for any codes in the computer? Have you checked for any power going to the fuel pump? If not this is going to be the next step. Yes it may be possible to feel pumps not coming on and the no crank condition are related. The only way to find this out is to see if the computer is awake with the key on.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
There are couple ways to do this you could check to see if the check engine light comes on with the key on or you could see if there's communication with the onboard computer using a scan tool or a code reader.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Please check these things and let me know. I work until about 5 PM tonight. However I will be online after that. I will be looking forward to your reply
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!