-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I got a 06 dodge ram 2500 diesel and it turns over but it

Customer Question

Hi I got a 06 dodge ram 2500 diesel and it turns over but it does not run. I bought a rebuild injection pump, ecu, fuel rail pressure sensor, valve cover gasket and a fass fuel pump. Install all that and it starts for a second or two then dies. Check the OBD it shows injector bank b open circuit .
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... To fix that code you will need to remove the valve cover and ohm the valvecover which has the wiring harness built-in.. If none of the wires are shorted then you have a bad injector. Ohm the injector and if it reads another other than .6 then it's bad and will need to be replaced.. This should also get it running again for you... I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did check the injectors. It reads .6 didn't have a chance to check the loom yet.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.
If all the injectors check .6 ohms then they are good and you likely have a bad wiring in your valvecover gasket.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad