Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I put in a starter in 1992 dodge grand caravan. we have a black

Customer Question

i put in a starter in 1992 dodge grand caravan. we have a black ground wire left hanging and the van wont start. Does the black wire go to the starter or is it a gauge ground, it appears to be in the harness and it naturally bends toward one of the mounting starter top bolt
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: no click, no light on dash
JA: What else is going on?
Customer: its a new reman starter
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: not sure what to say
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 8 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. Most likely it goes connected along with the battery cable on the starter terminal. Is it possible for you to take a picture of the starter and hanging wire and post it here? If i can see it for myself, I'm certain I can help you figure out where it goes. Click Here for Document Upload Instructions</a> If your browser does not show the "Toolbar", try using FireFox or Internet Explorer. Otherwise, you can post the files to your favorite file sharing site (Photobucket, Dropbox, etc.) and post the links to your pictures here so I can view them.Sorry for any inconvenience but remember "A picture is worth a thousand words" and it will help greatly for the most accurate answer possible....kKeep me posted... Thank you, Robert