Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Dodge Viper RT/10: I have a 2000 dodge viper. I went to start

Customer Question

I have a 2000 dodge viper. I went to start it and the battery was very weak. I attempted to jump start it in the engine bay at the jump start hook up, after a few clicks the entire viper just went black and lost all power. I put a new battery in it and nothing, I need urgent help as I need the car tomorrow.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question The first place to start is checking the terminals at the battery for good, secure connections and no corrosion on the cables or terminalsIf ok, then test your main fuses for the ignition switch with a voltmeter. Visual checks of fuses is not enough, they need to be tested to make sure they are good