Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

A loss of power due to fuel issue I have replace the fuel filter

Customer Question

A loss of power due to fuel issue I have replace the fuel filter 3 times each time it gets better
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I really place the accelerator pedal that was the code it was showing but didn't fix my problem
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Not now
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If when you replace the fuel filter the engine regains power or runs better each time and you have had to replace the filter a few times before this usually indicates an issue with contamination in the fuel supply and the tank needs drained,cleaned and refilled with fresh fuel.The contamination is clogging up the filter causing the issue here.This may have been bad fuel from the fuel station you last got your fuel from as this is most common for this fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete