Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge caravan: I have dodge caravan 2007 i did change ABS module

Customer Question

I have dodge caravan 2007 i did change ABS module and know the abs ligth is flashing i have no code
Category: Dodge
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist why did you replace the module??? I posted the install procedure for you to view step 10 is the most important. do you have a scan tool to perform this???? Roy RoyINSTALLATION Clean any debris off the mating surfaces of the HCU and ABM.CAUTION: Do not reuse internal pump connector O-ring or solenoid valve stem seals. They must be replaced to ensure proper sealing. CAUTION: When installing new O-rings or solenoid valve stem seals, do not use any type of lubricant. Replace solenoid valve stem seals (Figure 1). These seals can be easily removed and installed by hand. Do not use any type of sharp instrument or damage to the components may occur. Figure 1 Solenoid Valve Seal Replace pump/motor connector O-ring if not new (Figure 2). Figure 2 Internal Pump Connector O-Ring Align components and install the ABM on the HCU (Figure 3).If not equipped with traction control, install the three screws attaching the ABM to the HCU (Figure 5). Tighten the mounting screws to 2 Nm (17 in.lbs.) torque .If equipped with traction control, install the four screws attaching the ABM to the HCU (Figure 6). Tighten the mounting screws to 2 Nm (17 in.lbs.) torque .With connector cover completely open (Figure 4), install 47-way wiring connector into socket of the ABM and close cover, locking connector in place.Install the battery tray.Install the screw securing the coolant filler neck to the battery tray.Reconnect the vacuum hose connector at the tank built into the battery tray.Install the battery and battery shield.Connect the negative cable on the battery negative post.Hook up a scan tool to initialize ABM and check for any faults.Road test vehicle to ensure proper operation of brakes.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Wath is the ABM

Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
abs module
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

only the ecu of abs was change do i need to reprogram

Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
yes, according to step 10. thats why I posted the procedure for replacing. do you have a scan tool to perform this???? Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

yes i have scan tool and the procedure is when you change pump you need to actived the pump the bleed

the abs is working very good but my ligth is blinking on and off

Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
no, it is not the bleeding process it is referring to. it is the actual module activation to make it communicate. Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

i did tried whith my Autel and did not work

Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
you need a tech II for this procedure. if you dont have one, then you will need to find a shop that has one to perform this Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I dont think i can do nothing whith tech2 it for Gm i have the starscan and DRb3 i am gone tried tomorrow
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
ok I am looking at your history. are you a shop???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am Master tech diagnostic
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
ok, do you have needed scanner for this operation???