Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Actually I am an experienced mechanic looking information

Customer Question

actually I am an experienced mechanic looking for an information how to remove the 2.4L out of my 2005 Chrysler. I have an engine hoist and chain link, and all needed tools. I need to know how to approach this. Will I raise the motor out or drop it out the bottom or remove the front bumper and framework and bring it out the front of the car.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I will be taking the engine apart to regrind the crank
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: yes
JA: What else should I tell the Dodge Mechanic?
Customer: I want to take the transmission out together with the engine. I will be rebuilding the transmission also. it is a four speed automatic.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 6 months ago.
Hello, what model Chrysler is it?