Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

My '05 Sprinter was diagnosed with a leaky a/c condenser today.

Customer Question

My '05 Sprinter was diagnosed with a leaky a/c condenser today. The dealer wants $1007. to replace it & charge w/freon. Is that reasonable?
Where else might I take it? Unless it's a pretty simple, straightforward fix, I'd rather have a pro do it. However, I could maybe save by buying the condenser online & taking it to a mechanic?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 7 months ago.
I am glad that you are taking a proactive approach to this repair and to answer your question: The dealer wants $1007. to replace it & charge w/freon. Is that reasonable?Yes, for the Dealer price, it is normal because it is the Dealer. Now, is this something you should repair yourself, no. Please do not even try and this is my advise everyone who does not work at a repair shop that has the proper A/C equipment.The best course of action is to purchase the condenser itself online like here...and have your local qualified repair shop perform the work. If you don't already have a repair shop you trust available (which you should) then you can search this DataBase for a Professional Repair shop in your area. This will save you quite a bit and get you back to feeling cool again.If you have more questions, please ask as I strive to give Excellent service. Also please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars), as it helps me.